Studying in Australia is a great way to experience the unique Aussie lifestyle while gaining great new skills. Australia has world class universities, practical vocational colleges and outstanding English language schools to support international students.
If you are looking to stay in Australia for an extended period of time, an Australian Student Visa is your best starting point.
You can apply for a Student Visa by studying:
- English Courses (General English, IELTS preparation, Cambridge, etc.)
- Vocational Courses (Business, Marketing, Tourism, Sport & Fitness, Hospitalities, etc.)
- University Courses (Bachelor’s Degree. Master and PhD)
Contact our Right Path Education Services counsellors to have more information.
The Student Visa has multiple of benefits and can be the perfect solution to live in Australia.
Study and Work in Australia
Long-term and short-term visa
No age limitation
Obtain an Australian diploma
Include a partner a family member
Duration of a Student Visa in Australia
The student visa duration depends on the program you choose:
- if you enrol for a 6-month course, your Student Visa will be valid for 6 months
- if you enrol for a 3-year program, your Student Visa will be valid for 3 years
The program you choose must be between 12 and 52 weeks in order to be eligible for a Student Visa.
Depending on the length of your course, your visa will be granted with the following additional times once you finish your studies:
- For courses below 10 months of duration, you will be given 1 month extra.
- For courses over the 10-month threshold, you will be given 2 extra months.
- For courses over 10 months in which the term end date is December, you will be given 3 extra months.
Cost of a Student Visa in Australia
The current fees in order to apply for a Student Visa (Subclass 500) are set to $560 AUD (~400 €).
The price is always the same no matter the length of your studies.
Please note that this price may vary depending on the location where you apply for your Student Visa (Australia or onshore). The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has built a pricing estimator tool to help future applicants to quickly get a price overview of their visa application.
Renewal of the Student Visa in Australia
You can renew your Student Visa as many times as you want, as long as you are enrolled in a course approved by CRICOS. However, you need to be advised that if you have had multiple student visas in the past, the Government may question the genuineness of your application.
Our expert staff at Go Study can explain all your options relating to extending or renewing your student visa.
Requirements of a Student Visa in Australia:
In order to apply for a Student Visa, you will need to meet the following requirements.